Eye Level Malaysia Back to school promo
Join our Facebook Group
Shopee Ramadan Sale

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Do your dishes levitate to your sink?


I grew up in an environment where my brothers and father ie. the men and boys, sat back, relaxed, watched some TV or read the papers after a meal, while we, the girls cleaned up and did the dishes.

I guess, Mr MG grew up in the same environment because he does not do dishes. Nope! Not at all. Neither does he offer to help. The only time he did dishes was when he was my Confinement man. We didn't hire any confinement lady/nanny for our babies, we don't have any maids or relatives who could drop by long enough to help. So there was just the two of us doing everything on our own when the babies arrived. It was not easy but we have good memories of our learning experience.(But thats another story).

Does it bother me that he doesn't do the dishes? Nope! Not at all. Its just my job. Just like many other things are his job solely while some are shared eg. taking out the trash.

Mr MG does not offer to help me do the dishes but he does bring his dishes to the sink. Thats because, between the two of us, he's Mr Neat and he can't stand seeing things not in their place. Dirty dishes belong in the sink, so he helps me bring them there.

Today, just out of curiousity, I have a question to ask.
Question for the ladies: "Do your dishes levitate to the sink?"
Question for the guys: "Do you do the dishes?"

Popular Posts