Eye Level Malaysia Back to school promo
Join our Facebook Group
Shopee Ramadan Sale

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Babysitter cum teacher

Who say videos are bad for kids? It gives them hours of fun, they love it and they can learn from it......... and it frees the parents ..... for a while. Hahaha. So says a guilty mother who sometimes uses the video as a babysitter :P

MG: Mummy going to shi shi (toilet). You play here.
My Girl: Ok. I'm going to play with all this wonderful toys.
My Girl: Mummy, what is wonderful?
MG: Wonderful means very nice, very good, great.
My Girl: Mummy, the octopus sing and then say, its a wonderful, wonderful song. And then the octopus sing....... ah... ah.... I can't remember the song. Wait..... I think. Mummy, can you remember?
MG: No, mummy cannot remember. We'll watch the show a few more times, then we can sing together ok?

My girl is often like that. She'd use a new word she learns without fully understanding the meaning and then ask what it is in her next breath. I notice she does learn quite a few things and new words from the show she watches and its wonderful that she tries to apply what she learns on her own initiative. I think I shall run out and buy more videos so I can have more free time! that she learns more new words. Hehe. I usually designate two showtimes a day, one just before naptime in the afternoon and the other just before bedtime at night.

Meantime, baby is learning new words too. Last night he said "Awo" (Hello) :)

Popular Posts