Eye Level Malaysia Back to school promo
Join our Facebook Group
Shopee Ramadan Sale

Friday, October 06, 2006

Moon Gazing through the smog filled skies (*cough cough cough*)

Today is the 15th day of the 8th Lunar month of the Chinese Calander. The Lantern Festival has arrived! And so has the haze! :(

My little Ms Pesterer has been counting down to this day, daily, every morning as soon as she wakes up. "Mummy 3 more days,............ 2 more days,.......... 1 more day..................". She can't wait to play her lantern and eat mooncake. (The countdown is a good mini math lesson for her so I go along with her in good humour).

The sky has been hazy for the past few days. The air quality yesterday was particularly bad. I could smell the smoke filled air, like someone burning or barbequeing something all day long. We stayed indoors and shut all the windows.

I have a sensitive nose and on days like these it goes into overdrive, producing mucus non-stop blocking up the nostrils making me sniff all day long. Haiyah! Even my girl seems to have inherited this sensitive nose from me. I see her sniffing all day long too especially before sleep and first thing in the morning. People with sensitive noses look really terrible. Like they're having a perpetual flu, sniffing and sneezing but thats another story for another day.

Today, I hope that the sky will clear up just a little, otherwise it'll be hard to take the kids outdoors to walk their lanterns. Hmm... the candles burning from the little lanterns will probably add to the smog eh?

Happy Moon Gazing to everyone and don't eat too many mooncakes! (Hopefully we can see the moon through all that haze)

Credit for image of the moon: russelsastronomy.com

Popular Posts