Eye Level Malaysia Back to school promo
Join our Facebook Group
Shopee Ramadan Sale

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Festivals are more merry with kids

I love to celebrate festivals with the kids. I love to create the excitement for them. We would talk about the festival and what we would do and I love to see the look of anticipation on their little faces.

They are getting all excited now to celebrate the Chinese New Year. We talk about the foods that we are going to eat, the new clothes we would wear, the relatives we will visit. It gives us a lot of things to chat about and it gives the kids something to look forward to. Come to think of it, it gives us the adults something to look forward to as well.

Talking to the kids, leading up to the festivals are a fun way to teach them about the festivals (as if I know a lot). Anyway, since I don't know a lot, I make sure I read up and learn about them myself so that I can teach the kids about their culture and to value and be proud of being part of that culture.

Popular Posts