Eye Level Malaysia Back to school promo
Join our Facebook Group
Shopee Ramadan Sale

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

The best thing you can do for your children is to take care of yourself

"Hon, please look after yourself first. That is the best thing you can do for the kids."

After coming home from hospital due to having 3 seizures in a day, the first thing I started lamenting about was how disappointed I was that our girl could not start kindergarden as we had planned and when we should start her as soon as possible. (since she's already late starting).

My husband could only look at me, shake his head and repeat the above phrase over and over again. I tried to protest but I didn't argue with him as I normally would. Hehe. What he says is true of course so how could I argue. I am disappointed that I could not start my girl in kindergarden but there is nothing I can do accept concentrate on recovering ie getting as much sleep as possible and learning not to get stressed up over little things.

I had planned to either drive her (in fact we had been searching for a second car right up to the day before the seizures) or walk her. Now neither seems possible. Sigh. I can't drive. Its too dangerous. Walking the kids alone would be too risky too. So I'll have to find alternative transportation arrangement but all that is secondary.

Like hubby says, "take care of yourself first, then worry about the rest later." And thats exactly what I'll do. Same message goes out to all parents out there. Take care of yourself. Don't take your health lightly. The best thing you can do for your children is to take care of yourself.

Popular Posts