Eye Level Malaysia Back to school promo
Join our Facebook Group
Shopee Ramadan Sale

Friday, October 19, 2007

Teaching my kid to tell the time

My girl has learned to tell the time a while ago, the hours and half hours that is. I've been trying to teach her to tell the minutes too but only half heartedly. I buy her storybooks about telling the time. I buy her a small watch to encourage her. We make watches for craft time and I draw a clock to teach her half heartedly.

Recently she started learning to count in fives so this means that she would be able to tell not just the hours but minutes as well but I'm still too lazy to teach her properly. I do know that she's eager and ready to learn though. So I'm really excited to have found this site to teach children to tell the time.


Its called Learning About Time. It is an excellent site to teach children to tell the time. Its very comprehensive with step by step description of the clock and telling the time. The best thing I like about it is the interactive clock or the Clock Program. You need to have Java installed to be able to use it. You can choose to have the child learn to set the analog clock to match the digital one or the other way around.


Just wanted to bookmark this site here and share it with other parents too. So pleased to have found a website to teach my girl to tell the time. Now she can learn on her own and I can continue to be lazy. I guide her through the first time and she's ready to practise on her own now.

Popular Posts