Eye Level Malaysia Back to school promo
Join our Facebook Group
Shopee Ramadan Sale

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Fun Things To Do With Children

"Mum, play with me. You don't do anything with me these days. You only study with me."

This was the recent complain I had from the boy. I guess it is true. As a SAHM, I sometimes find it tiring not only to teach but to play and make sure the kids have the exercise and sleep they need.

I must do more fun things with the children.

One very fun thing to do is to dance. Yes, dance with the kids. How they love it.

Recently, I had to help them select the songs they want to play for their next piano practical exam. They had just gotten their new books from the teacher. So we put the songs on and listened to each one of them before selecting their favourite. Then we listened to our choices again and danced around the room. The kids love it. Dancing. It is very good exercise too. We twirled like doing ballroom dancing and spinned and hopped and marched too.

Another time, we took out some coins and spinned those on the floor to see whose coin would knock out the other's coin first and we shouted out loud when it did.

These are very simple and fun things to do with children.

Of course the other thing my boy loves to do is to search for game apps, download, try then delete. Soon, we'll run out of games to try. App developers should work harder to satisfy our insatiable demands for games. lol.

I prefer good old fashioned and simple things like the coin spinning and dancing. However, you can't ignore technology so we do the apps search too sometimes. However, app searching and game playing on the mobile phone is never to be done without my permission. Those are the house rules.

Do you have any fun and simple things you do with your children that you would like to share?

Popular Posts