Eye Level Malaysia Back to school promo
Join our Facebook Group
Shopee Ramadan Sale

Friday, July 24, 2015

Free App For Learning Mandarin Chinese For Kids And Adults Too

My kids are studying in Chinese school but I don't know Chinese. In order to keep up with them, sometimes I study from their textbooks and workbooks in order to "teach" them. I also look out for apps and tools to help me in my quest to learn Chinese on my own.

I was delighted when I found this app. It is called ChineseSkill and available for download on Android as well as the iOS devices including the iPhone and iPad. If you have both, they will synchronize so you can use one or the other while learning. You can use the iPad at home and continue with the iPhone on the go.



The app is completely free. I like its fun approach of helping you learn through a repetitive game like style. You can learn together with your child. I think the panda is kind of cute. Look at the panda poses in my screenshot after I completed the levels.

This app is useful for English speakers who are trying to learn Chinese Mandarin. You will be tested along the way. You'll start off with basics and move along, learning colors, numbers, food, shape, nature, question, time, tenses, animals, travel, festival, feelings, occupation, health, geography, social network, sports, music, education.

If you want to teach yourself Chinese, this app would be a good starting point. The best part is it is completely free. You unlock levels as you go along your learning Chinese journey.

In addition, they have a Facebook Page which you can check out. I like that they post cute posters about Chinese Characters. Go check out their Learning Chinese Images photostream. I love it. Here are a few examples of what you will see on their Facebook page.

The images below are reproduced with the permission of Chinese Skill.

Learning Chinese Characters


Learning Chinese Characters




Get more articles like this straight to your inbox. Enter your email address below.

* indicates required








Popular Posts