KidoCode

Computer Coding and Math Courses For Kids

Lorna Whiston

Lorna Whiston Taman Tun

Lorna Whiston

School Holiday Storytelling and Activities For Kids May June 2017

Friday, September 04, 2015



An Inspiring Story For Mothers Who Want To Start Their Own Child Centered Business

Most of our posts are often about educational stuff for kids but what about parents? I guess we must not forget ourselves. As parents, we must first take care of ourselves well before we can look after others. SAHMs should not allow themselves to get into a rut while FTWMs should avoid getting stuck in a humdrum routine. If you want to be around your children yet do something productive, consider running a business that revolves around doing something with kids.

Perhaps you are teaching your child at home and then some of the parents of her other classmates requested you to teach their children as well. One thing can lead to another and soon you may even be running a private home tuition centre!

Today, I would like to share with you the story of two partners who did just that. They are from Hobby Hop In. Hobby Hop In is a learning centre in Bangsar. Classes run at the centre include phonics, reading, speech and drama and arts & crafts.


This is what one of the partners had to say

"My partner now was my son's art teacher. My neighbour was trying to get a group of kids together so she can come in and teach us. At the time my elder son was 3.5yrs old. A year later, there was a space for rent at my condo. She then asked me if I was interested to run it. Certainly .... Coz it was where we live. I do not need to drive. And I was beyond elated. Finally after years of flying and now I am able to do something else besides being a sham mum without a maid.

I grew up in a kindergarten as my Godma runs a kindy in Ipoh and I was one of the lucky ones that was introduced to phonics at 3yrs old. My Godma had early childhood education from the USA. Spending my life in a kindy meant that I was surrounded by children everyday. I still remember the time I was absent from school to help my Godma run her children's day at a park!

So it is only natural that now I am teaching phonics with my team and hobby hop in revolves around my children. My partner is a graphic designer and she teaches art part time. She has more than 10 years of experience in teaching art. Now that she has her own family, we are looking to open up another Hobby Hop In so that she can spend more time with her children. It will be a similar concept with Hobby Hop In, Bangsar"

Children doing a group activity at Hobby Hop In
So moms, SAHMs and FTWMs looking for a change. I hope this story inspires you. For SAHM, you do not have to be caught in a rut while FTWMs can consider doing something else they love. We can be there for our kids, while turning something that revolves around teaching, guiding and finding activities for them into a business. Many mothers have turned into homeschool teachers, tuition centre operators, car pool drivers, kids art and crafting expert and more.

Hobby Hop In which this post is about is in Bangsar. You can find them on Facebook Hobby Hop In or call 6016-6356469/+6016-3090092 to enquire about their programs. They also run thematic school holiday programs for kids besides their ongoing programs.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...