This post is for parents with kids in upper primary school (in particularly those with kids going to Std 6 next year) who may be interested to find out the process of placement for Secondary school in particularly SMK or Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan.
Before you read this post, please read the following ones.
Application For SMK
Online Application For Control Schools
The application for SMK is done before your child sits for UPSR. Forms will be handed out to your child via the school he is studying in.
Results of your application will be out before your UPSR results. The time frame is something like this.
- Aug/Sept - Receive form to apply for secondary school to SMK (Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan)
- Month of Sept - Online application for control schools for some states (need to eventually confirm with minimum requirements for UPSR results)
- Sept - UPSR
- Early November - Receive results of application or school placement for SMK (required to go to the school to register)
- Mid November - UPSR Results
- After UPSR - Do appeals or transfers to your preferred school of choice