Did you know that your child can improve his motor skills when he or she is dancing and tumbling about?
Here are the skills your child will pick up during dance.
Your child will learn to:
- Understand instructions and follow them
- Build their gross motor skills and coordination
- Raise their level of concentration and focus
- Improve their listening skills (What could be more fun than listening to the latest music while learning the latest dance routines)
- Cultivate their creativity and love for the performing arts
- Increase their confidence through body movement and flexibility
- Develop a better musical sense
All of this will help your child in school. Listening to instructions and understanding them, focus, confidence, creativity. These are basic skills that are useful in and out of school. Most importantly, they will have fun. For a preschooler or those in std 1 or 2, a fun school holiday programme like this one gives them a good break away from the mundane routine of school.
This programme has been brought back by popular demand. No prior dance knowledge or background is required. It is open to all kids from age 5 to 8. Here's a look at the previous school holiday class.
Hip Hop - Performing Arts School Holiday Programme from Esther Loong on Vimeo.
The March 2016 Dance Programme includes the following:
- Hip Hop Dance Class
- Tumbling and Flexibility Class
- Dance activities/games
- Snack Time
- Arts & Crafts